Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baby Shepard Update

I am 33 weeks now and had an appointment with my doctor yesterday. I am 2 cm dilated now. We looked back on my history with Davis, and I am progressing about a week sooner than I did with him. If things went like last time that would put me delivering some time next week at 34-35 weeks. I am really hoping to make it at least to 35 weeks. I just feel better about that milestone. I've had my round of steroids for his lungs, so that is good news. It's so crazy for me to think that he is so close to being here! Please pray with me for the day that God has appointed for Shep to arrive. Pray that he would be healthy and strong. That, being early, he would have no breathing difficulties and would be able to come home when I go home with no health problems. I have worried more with him than any other baby. Probably because I've worked in labor and delivery for the last 5 years and have seen lots and lots of happy stories, but have also faced the reality that sometimes it doesn't turn out that way. I trust the Lord and know He is sovereign over all, so I am choosing to trust Him, even when it is very difficult to take my thoughts captive! So, please pray with us, as we await our sweet new boy's arrival! I will keep you updated:)