Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Everything I need to know...

I was thinking today, about how much I learn on a daily basis from my children. I think that the Lord must laugh regularly as he teaches me my life lessons in such simplistic childlike ways! Like the picture above, I am reminded from my sweet Paige to pray. I wish that I would think to record her prayers some time. She is so honest and trusting and isn't afraid to let the whole world see her heart. She has no concept of holding her emotions inside. She asks countless questions. She sees common things as if its for the first time. She's not afraid to be silly. She dances when she hears music ( and sometimes when she doesn't!). She cries when she's hurt or upset. The list goes on and on. It is no wonder that the Lord calls us to childlike faith. And what a blessing it is to raise children and see how sweet the Lord is to show us firsthand what that looks like. Paige, in particular, has a very sensitive spirit. The other day, she saw a Disney cartoon. It had the normal mean character who tries to ruin something, then the main characters jump in and save the day. The whole good triumphs over evil thing. I noticed that when the mean character was on, that Paige hid her eyes and ran from the television. At her nap that day, she woke up crying because she had a bad dream, which she wouldn't elaborate on. I immediately decided to not let her watch that. But, I was also very thankful that she is so sensitive. I realized that through seemingly harmless cartoons, my child saw what her heart was not inclined to. I pray for my children daily that He would incline their hearts more and more to Him, and draw them to Himself at an early age. I enjoy watching Him work, and in turn, I can't help but be drawn to Him more myself.

1 comment:

--Shelley said...

So sweet. I love how you write about your girls and parenting. It reminds me to enjoy it and be more kind to my sweet baby boy who is definitely 2 1/2 yr old.