Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Little Miss Manners

Yesterday, Paige, Annalee, and I went to Target to get Paige a new swimsuit. This weekend I'm taking Annalee to spend the weekend with my mom and Paige and I are going to spend the weekend at the beach with some friends of ours. Well, Paige was very excited about her new swimsuit. We picked it out and made our way to the check-out line. There was a lady in front of us that the cashier was still ringing up. Paige very impatiently says "I got a swimsuit!" The cashier giggles and says "Oh good, I'll even put it in your own little bag". This makes Paige even more excited. She announced two more times that she has a swimsuit still before the lady in front of us was finished. Well, alas, it's our turn. She rings up the swimsuit and hands it to Paige in her very own bag. Paige in response says "Oh, thank you!" We finish geting the rest of our stuff and Paige says "Bye" which invokes Annalee to start her continuous "Bye Bye". As we were walking away, Paige ran back up to the cashier and said "Oh, thank you so much for putting my swimsuit in my bag"!

It was a very cute event, but the Lord again has taught me to be thankful even for the little things. Bagging groceries is what the cashier has to do all day, but my little one made her really smile and feel good about what she was doing and recognized what she did as important. Ahh, the lessons I have to learn!

No comments: