Friday, May 11, 2007

Me and My Girls


Well, in light of the upcoming Mother's Day, I figured I would muse a little bit on just what a gift it is. I have to remind myself of the good things alot, because we most definitely have days where I'm about to pull my hair out! I love, love, love having girls. I like to dress them alike, and do their hair, and love on them like little girls should be loved on. They really do make my life better. Having them has never made my heart feel more vulnerable. I know that the Lord has ultimate control over their lives, and my job is to mother them the best way I know how. To love them dearly and to guide them to the Lord with an open hand, fighting the urge to hold on very tightly! The tears flow more easily and the laughter comes more quickly. Sometimes it's frustrating when I'm trying to get ready for work or to go somewhere and they are attached to each leg, making it very difficult. On the other hand, I realize that they long for my attention, always, and don't understand why they shouldn't be the most important people in the world! They look to ME to kiss their hurt away. They look to ME to dry their tears. They look to ME to hold their hands. They look to Me to feed their little tummies. They look to ME to laugh when their being silly. They look to ME. And fortunately I can look to the Lord to sustain me and to give them all that they need. He chose ME to love and lead these beautiful girls through His guidance. What an amazing job! A job that I continuously feel most unqualified to do! Thank goodness He is there for me to guide me with the ultimate Handbook! So, to all the special mommies out there who can relate, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

What a beautiful mom and girls!