Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sweet baby Davis

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday. I'm 27 weeks and I had my glucose tolerance test, an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix, and a nice chat with my doctor. Needless to say, it was a rather lengthy appointment! My cervix hasn't changed much, which is great. He wants to start checking me at 30 or 31 weeks because that's about the time I ended up in the hospital with Annalee. I'm scheduled to go back at 31 weeks and then he wants to see me weekly. He told me to schedule them up to 35 or 36 weeks because he doesn't think we'll make it past that! Things are going pretty well. My contractions are still on the rise, so I've been making a more conscious effort to lay down more (which is hard to do with 2 small children running around!). We are desperately trying to avoid bedrest again, and even more importantly a severely preterm baby. Davis is growing fast. He is estimated to weigh about 2lbs 7oz. right now! His cheeks are nice and chubby. He looks like he's gonna be a fat little thing, which is good, because depending on how early he is, he'll need that weight! So, everything is going pretty well so far. Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray for our sweet Davis Grey!