Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bound to happen...

So, I knew it was bound to happen, but i didn't know when. I have that fear of Annalee trying to feed Davis food and him choking on it. I try to keep them separated when I'm out of the room, or at least have Davis out of reach. She loves to kiss and hug and baby talk to him, which is sweet, I just have to keep an eye on her! Well, the other day, we were getting ready to go to Target ( my home away from home!). I had buckled Davis in his carrier and set the carrier on the floor by the door. The girls were also waiting by the door. I was about to set the alarm to walk out and decided to run to the bathroom real quick before we walked out the door. I heard Davis starting to fuss a little bit because he doesn't love his carseat. So, I'm hurrying to get back in there and get everyone out the door. Paige is my little helper, so when Davis fusses, she'll usually give him his pacifier and help quiet him. So, when I hear Davis quiet down, I attribute it to just that scenario. Oh how mistaken I was! My dear Annalee had offered Davis one of her goldfish! I walked in to see Davis smacking his lips and I immediately started sweeping my finger in his mouth to try to get it out before he swallowed. Thankfully, the Lord made little babies with a tongue thrust reflex, so as soon as it was in his mouth, he spit it right out. I found a soggy goldfish in his carseat and tried to explain the danger of feeding baby Davis food at this point in time to Annalee (which probably went in one ear and out the other!). I can't say it will never happen again, but one can hope right? I just have to watch her because really she just thinks she's being sweet and sharing her snack with little brother!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Goodness- that will make your heart stop! Marky used to try to feed Julia too- it is hard when your "big" sibling is actually still "little". Your mother's day post was beautiful- very well said. Hope all is well with you guys!

RachelJoeySpencerEthan said...

Spencer has tried the same thing with Ethan. I even caught him fixing to put a RAISIN in Ethan's mouth. It's so sweet of them to want to share with their little brothers, but boy is it scary. Spencer is also frequently trying to give his sippy cup of milk to Ethan too.

Danny and Jennifer White said...

We will have so many stories to share with our little ones!

Hope Atchison said...

I can sooo relate. Alaina actually DROPPED Mary Helen. Like, on the floor (at least it was carpet). I was in the basement on the phone with my Mom and Elley was with me. I knew Alaina was upstairs and quiet but just thought she was playing. All of a sudden I hear a "pain cry" from MH. I run upstairs and she is laying on the floor right by her swing. I scoop her up and start sobbing, Alaina starts sobbing, and I'm crying on the phone with my mom. I may be many things but I'm really not a "yeller." But as I'm explaining the situation to my mom, Elley is crying because I took the phone from her. So just picture it, All 4 of us are crying at the same time. MH because she has been dropped, Alaina because she feels bad, me because my baby is on the floor screaming, and Elley because I yelled at her to stop!! All that to say, MH was fine, it just knocked the breath out of her. That has been our biggest drama so far :)

--Shelley said...

I have the same fear. Sometimes I fear that I will do it. When he is fussing I sometimes think to give him a little snack. Hello?