Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Long Time, No Blog...










Sorry for the blogging delinquency! There's not really a good excuse, so I won't waste time trying to make one. We have been a busy family of five.
Scott's school year is done and he just started on Monday to teach summer school. Thankfully it's just 8-11 M-Tr. Our VBS starts tonight so my husband has been M.I.A. for the past few weeks busy getting everything together since he's in charge of it all. It's going to be great though. I will be glad, however, when it's over, so we can see our daddy a little more!
Paige has learned how to ride her bike, still with training wheels though. Annalee's feet still don't reach her pedals all the way so she's just frustrated with her bike! We have a princess T-ball set that the girls are a major fan of.
Thank the Lord for friends who have pools, because we've spent a good portion of this hot weather so far in a pool. It's so HOT, that we can't play outside for long unless there's some sort of water activity involved!
Scott's mom visited last week and that was a good visit. She bought the girls several cute matching dresses (I love to dress them alike) and she bought Davis several play outfits that are super cute. I have to figure out how to incorporate Davis into the matching mix a little. It's harder to do that with a little boy. Plus I have to run everything by Scott, so he can give me the "not too frilly" approval for his outfits!
Scott and I are really about to overhaul our finances. We attended a Crown Financial Conference and recently read another book by Dave Ramsey and are excited about what the Lord has in store for us. I am working again at the hospital as a nurse on Labor and Delivery, so I will be working some extra shifts this summer while Scott's home a little more. We're just sick of Scott working so hard at three different jobs and consistently coming up with nothing to show for it. The Lord has definitely brought us here and we realize that the sacrifice of time might be necessary for a short while, but it will be well worth it when we don't have to worry about money all the time!
Well, this is a little catch-up and I promise I'll do better at posting in a more timely manner!


6 comments:

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

welcome back! :) but you know i can't talk... haha. LOVE the pictures - i can't believe how much davis has changed already. SLOW DOWN BOY! (at least until we get back) the girls playing softball is too cute. we'll be praying for the finacial planning -we could use an overhaul ourselves. yikes!
love y'all
straight outtas

Michael and Kim said...

Good luck with the financial planning. We took a Crown class at Briarwood and learned so much. We are still learning from past mistakes but I'm glad it's a process!
~Kim

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

i love love love the pic of the girls by those doors! and davis is getting big! i am sure matt can relate to scott about working so hard and so much with little or nothing to show for it! the Lord has definitely provided, but it is stressful with the cost of everything going up these days!

Friends and Family said...

Yea! I was waiting on you to post(Even though I talk to you often!!!!)

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Hey that was my friends and family post! not sure why it showed that way .See u tonight at VBS.

Kari said...

The girls are adorable playing ball and my goodness does Davis look like his daddy or what? We too went through the crown study and loved it. It's amazing what God can do!