Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I wonder what I would have said???

I have been reading through Luke with new eyes I feel. The gospel of Jesus is taking a whole new perspective as I see our Lord loving people, stopping to serve them, to heal them, to save them. I see so much more than the theology of a message in the Lord but the sincerity of the deliverer of what is said and what is done. Anyway I came to this passage Luke 7:22 And he answered them, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. It almost seems to crescendo right. Blind see, walking lame, clean lepers, people who were de alive and last but not least...the poor have the good news preached to them! i think all would jump out but as i got the message back from my friends...the gospel going to the poor maybe the last for a reason! Jesus painted a picture of love that still blows me away from being cleaned by a prostitutes tears to seeing the centurions faith, I am countlessly reminded of what a great Lord we serve who is Mighty to save!

No comments: