Monday, August 10, 2009

The Big Day!!!





So, a day has come that always seemed light years away to me! My baby Paige started kindergarten today. Is that even possible? Can she really be old enough to go to kindergarten? Evidently so! She is attending public school kindergarten. I am confident that the Lord is gonna use this in a variety of ways. As we continue to reach out and connect in our community and neighborhood, the local school is so valuable! I have met a woman already, who is another mother of a little girl in Paige's class. They live just down the street! I look forward to meeting more families with the same connection! Paige didn't skip a beat this morning. She was so excited. I walked her in and she gave me a hug and a kiss and simply said.."bye, momma!" I still just can't believe it!
Annalee, my littlest baby girl, also started preshcool today! As if it weren't hard enough to send Paige off to school, I had to turn around and take Annalee for her very first day of school! She too, was SUPER excited! I wasn't completely sure how she was gonna do, because she can be my wildcard sometimes! However, she did beautifully as well. Like she'd been doing it everyday for the last few years! I have prayed for them all day! My house is unusually quiet! I know I'll get into the swing of things, and I've actually been pretty busy today, but I miss them already! I love having them home! Now don't get me wrong! There are days when I want to lock them outside for a few hours, but still I love having a houseful! It just feels unnatural when everyone is not here! Especially since Scott was home with us this summer. It was by far the best summer we've had. I'm already counting down the days until next summer and it's only the first day of school! Is that bad? I do look forward to walking in a new stage of life as they grow up, but it is just all going so fast! I need life to slow down a little so I can just take it all in!
Good luck with that I guess!

4 comments:

Rachel Noble said...

Maybe it's because I just looked at Michelle's blog and realized I missed Olivia's first day of school this year without talking to her, but I just teared up seeing how big your girls are and going to school! I'm not even a mom!!!

I miss you and the family! Let's get together soon.

Merrill said...

Wow, Annie, I can't believe it either! They look so precious and excited. Ruthie was just talking about Paige the other day, figuring out how old she'll on her next birthday. She is missing her friend!

The O'Neal Family said...

Your family is too precious! You are such a good momma! We have joined back with the blog world so hopefully I can keep it updated!

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

wow... i can't even believe it. they both look so beautiful - and big! how did you do? sounds like they did great! can't WAIT to see y'all soon!