Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Day Before...







I woke up this morning with the realization that school starts back tomorrow. Not only for me but for two of my children. Paige will start her first day of kindergarten and Annalee will start her first day of preschool. She will be going to the little tree where half of her class is autistic so we are praying for God to use this in her life as well as the friends she will make. As I sat here I thought about the days together we had this summer. Whether in New Orleans, Gulf Shores, or our living room, I have truly loved every minute of the summer! Teaching my children how to make home made popcorn has been awesome! The joy of being with the people you love in the context of what brings them joy is so gratifying it brings me right to the fact that "Better is one day in his courts, than thousands elsewhere." I can't fathom what this truly means for my understanding is so limited, but I can say I can't wait to grab hold of the ultimate summer when the time arrives and never look back at this world. Lord come quickly...

No comments: