Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tooth Update

I met with the oral surgeon on Thursday and it is some sort of cyst, so I will be having surgery Oct. 22 to have it removed. He may have to take the molar it is next to, depending on how wrapped around the root the cyst is. He seemed really positive. He said they would remove it and send it off to pathology to be sure it was benign, but the odds that it isn't is slim. So, really I would rather him go ahead and remove that tooth while I'm asleep! Especially if the cyst grows back. Otherwise, I will have surgery, then when I recover, have a root canal, then if the cyst grows back, I'll have another surgery and he'll definitely remove the tooth at that point! I would rather just keep it short and simple.

1 comment:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Praying for a smooth surgery and great recovery :)