Saturday, February 16, 2008

The rest of the story...

Well now that we are home I can give a little more detail about our wonderful day last Monday. I had been asking our doctor since our last miscarriage if I could be a little more involved in the delivery of our next child. He was very willing and to be honest, my understanding was that I would watch him do 95% of the delivery and I would be the "catch the baby" person. Well once we knew Monday was going to be our delivery date, our doctor came to see how far along Annie was dilated. When she was six centimeters he said,” I’ll be back in about an hour. Scott are you ready?" I said, "You're going to tell me what to do right?" He said, "No this is your delivery." Around 4:30 they started prepping the room with the tools and nursery items needs to clean him off when he arrived. I kinda got a little overwhelmed and light headed but kept my cool and continued to wait. When Annie was 10 cm. and ready to push. Right after this I was gowned up and made sterile (the kind you want to be) and prepared for the delivery. Our doctor stepped in and to my surprise asked me if I was ready. He began to walk me through the whole process and actually showed me where to put my hands to reach in and pull the babies head out. Once I had my hand on his neck and chin, I pulled his head out. It was incredible. He then walked me through rotating his body and pulling out the shoulders and the rest of his body. He came out at 5:15 and I held my newborn son in my hands for the first time. The first time anyone ever held him was when I pulled him into the world. I then handed him to Annie and she began to clean him off. I stood in awe with so many analogies, thoughts, and emotions of this experience. It was the most extraordinary thing I was ever able to be a part of and am glad the Lord has blessed us with this experience. It made me realize how amazing God can be to allow us his children to see the wonder of his creation every day in humanity and sometimes overlook it until we experience it for ourselves. I was overjoyed to see both of my girls born, but I was shaken to the core to deliver my son into the world.

9 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

How sweet ! Love you guys. Thankful for God's provision for you all.

Laura said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! Dr. Parks! Wow! He is so precious! How fun! Our babies are just 2 weeks apart! What a blessing! We will be keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby boy. I 'm so glad everyone did well and is healthy.

Anonymous said...

oops... Sally E. is the anonymous in the previous comment.

Laura said...

This is for you Annie:
You know how your house can go from clean to not in like .5 seconds? Especially when your kids start acting like they have never seen any of their toys before, and have to bring them ALL out for you to see?
Well...
Yesterday I was feeding the baby and looking around our den, and I thought I was living like a Picou. And, then I thought about the fact that it has been years since I thought about a Picou. Then I thought about how you would crack up at the mere mention of a Picou, and I had to let you know that they did come up. Hope this makes you smile...if I could find a Picou, I would have them on my page as a guest blogger, just for you.

Laura said...

Now that I thought of the Picous, I can't stop...I actually reffered to something today as having "Picouness" (def.: adj. form of Picou or having Picou like qualities)

Laura said...

Annie, will you send me your email address?

Michael and Kim said...

Thanks for the sweet note! Congratulations on the birth of your son!

Tori said...

Scott and Annie,
I am so glad you had such a beautiful experience. God is so good to us! Congratulations on your new son. You'll love having a little boy.