Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My heart has been so grieved by the loss of our dear friends, Billy and Hope's, precious 4 year old daughter, Alaina. It has been a week now, and it has been one of the most difficult things for me. I just cannot wrap my head around it. I believe that we serve a sovereign God, but because I can't understand in my finite little mind, it causes me to struggle with it. God is most concerned with glorifying Himself, and I know that even this tragedy will bring Him glory. I just can't see the big picture and that drives me crazy! I know that I don't have to understand, and may never, for God to be glorified, but I want something to make sense. We have prayed continuously that Billy and Hope would believe that God is who He says He is, and to trust Him. However, God is asking me if I truly believe what I'm praying for them!

4 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Totally agree. I've struggled with the sme thoughts.

katie said...

hey annie... sorry i missed your call - campbells had a fever, and its been a rough few weeks. i would love for y'all to visit - we miss you terribly. who are billy and hope? so sorry for their loss..
love and miss you.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

annie-sharing in your grief for our friends...
lots of love to ya'll-
Carrie

Tori said...

Annie, I am right there with you and Jennifer. I don't know that anything has ever caused me to feel like I have wrestled so hard to end up right where I began - what do I really believe - REALLY? Thanks for sharing. Learning to believe with you....Tori