Monday, March 19, 2007

She Walks!


My baby Annalee decided on Saturday the 17th of March, 2007, that she was going to walk. She held on to the door, pushed it away from her as if saying "I don't need this anymore!", and walked into the kitchen, like it was an everyday occurance! I've thought for the last 3 months that she would walk any day, but she wanted to do it in her own time. She's so very cute, and because she's a little smaller than average, it looks like she should be too little to be walking! I was so excited for her accomplishment, but in a way it was bittersweet. This is literally her first steps as she grows and develops and eventually won't need me to hold her hand and help her. My mind races forward to when she's grown, and I can't stand it! I pray that the Lord would help me to remember and record these milestones in life. I want to enjoy every stage of life with both of my girls. I don't want to look back and see that I rushed them through just because life can get stressful at times. They are sweet sweet children and the Lord has given them to us as the most precious gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!? i have to see this... wish i could have been there. hearing you talk about her growing up makes me sad - i know i will be the same way with campbell! i miss you and the girls - lets have a lunch date soon! by the way - we both have thrush again - YUCK!
love you all - katie

Anonymous said...

I understand - I have been so sad at every one of my 2nd baby's milestones!