Monday, March 12, 2007

Tears for missing pieces

Tonight I sat alone as Annie went to bed with a headache. I began reading some websites and came across one in particular about children with autism. I sat listening to a music video at http://www.frinkfest.com/ where I heard a song about a child who was born with autism and how it affected the family around him. In a matter of minutes I was crying asking God why do I have to choose whether to serve him or these children. It was clear that answer right now comes somewhat poetic from the movie Amazing Grace where William Wilberforce is asked that it seems he is having a hard time choosing to serve God or politics. He was encouraged to do both. I guess I always feel my days at school are not what they really are according to scripture. The acts of eating drinking or yes even teaching...all for the glory of God. I cry more than most men I am sure, not knowing why, if I just have a week heart or a broken one, but either way it makes me delight in knowing I cry for what I know is the will of God for me...today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet... and proud of you my friend. i know that is a tough call, but i know you ARE serving the Lord where you are now, but who knows - maybe He will take you to a new place where He will have you serve Him in ministry - maybe in Birmingham. :) (thats our prayer at least....haha)
love y'all - katie