Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Family

Today I am especially thankful for family. Obviously my immediate husband and children. They are truly a blessing. Even when it's hard work being a wife and mother, they are always worth it and more! They are precious to me and I love them like I've never loved anything or anyone else, apart from the Father. I sometimes fall into idolizing my own husband and children and find myself loving them more than my Creator. I'm not saying that is right or good, just true of my life sometimes. Thankfully He's gracious enough to show me when I do:) They are my precious gifts that the Lord chose to give me and I am amazed on a daily basis of His goodness thru them!
I am also very thankful for my extended immediate family. Not sure if that's the way I should describe them:) Anyhow, you get the picture, i.e. My sisters and their families and my mom and dad. It's always such a special and sweet time to spend with them. Especially, around the holidays! Thanksgiving never disappoints. Well...except for the year there was no shoepeg corn casserole;) Christmas with all the family together is always full of great memories as well! We have certain Davis traditions, and that built into my life has led me to cherish traditions of my own with our family. The Lord has eternally blessed me and allowed me to part of and have my own precious family. For that, I am very thankful!

No comments: