Sunday, March 30, 2008

Scott's Grandmother

Scott's grandmother surrendered to her battle with cancer on Friday evening. She was in the hospital in Dallas for a few days and they put her on a morphine pump to make her as comfortable as possible. She left this world very peacefully, sleeping her way into the arms of her Savior. We truly praise God that he allowed us to know that she had truly become a believer, which happened somewhere within the last three months or so. The Lord is sweet and He is just as much God whether we were convinced that she believed or not, but he let us witness it as well. I confess that I put limits on God in that I had all but lost hope that he would change her heart. O ye of little faith! A friend reminded me of the parable of the two men who worked, one all day and one part of the day, yet they received the same wages. I was reminded once again that He is much greater than I can wrap my mind around and He will do things in His own time, regardless of my unbelief!
Scott is doing ok. He is much better than he would've been had he not had his previous conversation with her. His grandmother was much more than just a typical grandparent. She was more of a parent to him, so this loss is heartbreaking. She did so much for our family and loved our children dearly. She didn't have a chance to meet Davis in person, but was able to see pictures and video of his birth and Scott being able to deliver him. It makes me sad that she didn't get to see him though. We are comforted to know that she has been made whole again and will never know pain again either. We look forward to seeing her when we all return Home!

1 comment:

The Ranew Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about Scott's grandmother; however, it is great to know she made a decision for the Lord before she passed on. Praise the Lord!!