Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Almost forgot...

I can't believe that I almost forgot to tell this story! I preface with the fact that something always goes awry Easter morning, and this one was no exception. Now, I love my children, but getting them dressed on Sunday mornings does not bring out the best in me:/ Scott has to be at church so early, that I am by my lonesome trying to get them ready as well as myself and try, at least, to get there on time. So...it's Easter morning. I get up just before six in order to give myself plenty of time to make it to the 8:30 service. To start it off, I hear a loud scream and cry coming from the girls' room. I run in there to find Annalee out of the bed crying because she hit her nose on something. I reprimanded them for being out of the bed and told them they needed to stay in their room a few more minutes because it wasn't time to get up yet. Of course all that loud screaming, wakes Davis up, so now they are all awake before due time. I finish making breakfast and go get Davis up. I didn't dream of getting him dressed because he had an all white, cute as pie, little john-john awaiting him. They eat, I get the girls all dressed in their sweet dresses. Meanwhile, Davis spills his entire cup of juice in their room. No major biggie. I grab a towel, clean it up and continue. Then, Davis decides to stick his hand in the potty in the girls room and stir it! Yes...there was pee in it:( Deep breath. I wash him off, all the while thankful that at least he didn't have his outfit on yet. Finally, I get Davis dressed, and go to my room to put on my dress and jewelry and lipstick, of course. During that short span of time, my Davis, crawled on the table, grabbed a twix out of his basket, chewed through the wrapper, and made his way to my room so that I could behold what he had just done. That's right folks. My child had dribbled CHOCOLATE all the way down his all WHITE outfit!!! Really?! I was ready to scream and throw things at this point! Thankfully, I have a precious friend who lives in my neighborhood who happened to have an extra white outfit that went perfectly with what my girls were wearing. So, I loaded up the kids, Davis was just in his diaper, and swung by Katie's and we made it to church on time...almost:)

No comments: