Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Aw man...

This follows in perfect line after my last post. I took the kids to school this morning and was getting ready to meet a friend at the park to go running. I got a call from the nurse at the urgent care clinic we went to yesterday. She said that the radiologist came by to take a look at the xrays and he found a small displaced fracture and she was making an appointment for me to see an orthopedic! Please keep in mind that, yes, my child is at school running around with a broken arm!!! I was so upset! Mainly with myself, feeling like I should've just brought her to the hospital where they have a radioloist in-house. So I call the school to let them know how great of a mom that I am who sent my broken-armed child to school, and asked if they could relay the message to her teacher so she didn't go on the playround or to P.E. in the meantime. I went and got her from school to go to our appointment and my sweet parents met me there to keep up with little Davis:) They did more xrays and the doctor basically said that there are several growth plates in the elbow and he thinks that the other radioloist read it wrong and that she should be fine in a few days. Oh, and if she's not, then I should bring her back in next week and maybe there's a hairline fracture that hasn't shown up yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't find anything, but really?! I've been walking around all day with the mom of the year award feeling like dirt, and then he talks to me like I'm stupid for bringing her in? Crazy, I know. So, it's been a little bit of a roller coaster day and I have a whopping headache to prove it. Thankfully, my baby girl seems just fine and hopefully this is the last of the doctor visits for a while:)

1 comment:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

So sorry.what a couple of days!Maybe we can catch up soon.