Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!!

Happy Holidays to everyone! We had a pretty relaxing Christmas and New Year. The girls really enjoyed Christmas this year. Paige's immediate response on Christmas morning was "Mommy, it's Jesus' birthday!!!". She was so excited. Annalee enjoyed herself thoroughly too. They ended up opening each other's presents. I don't know why we even get them separate things because it all ends up being shared by all. Lately, we've been in toy clean out mode. I try to get rid of things an a regular basis, but I'm shocked at how quickly we accumulate more stuff! It truly baffles me. We are also trying to condense Paige's closet down, so Annalee's stuff can fit, and Davis can have a closet. Davis' room is coming along great. Scott finished painting everything except the trim. It's so strange for that room to no longer be pink. I was a little sad to paint over it. But, it has turned out cute and I'm settling in to boy mode as much as I can!
Our New Year was uneventful, which is basically the trend for us since children! Plus, we have to pay a babysitter when we go out and have been trying to pinch pennies lately, so we opted to just have a quiet evening at home. It was nice. Scott's break ends today and he goes back to work tomorrow, so that's a bummer. However, these are the days that I love that he's a teacher because he had a full 2 weeks off work. I'll try to post some pictures of Davis' room soon so everyone can see!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That picture is priceless!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

I'm glad we got a sneak peek at Davis's room. It's sooo cute - good job Parksies!

--Shelley said...

I want to see the room. We haven't done Streed and Nathan's yet so I am looking for ideas!