Monday, April 21, 2008

Bone Scan

We had to take Paige for a bone scan on Friday. She was really a trooper. They basically had to inject some medication into her vein, and then a few hours later she had to lay still on the table for the scan, which took about 30 minutes. She did wonderful and Scott and I were able to sit with her through it. We'll find out the results some time this week and I'll post the news that we receive. For those of you who don't know, she had the scan because she's been limping for quite some time and has been given a diagnosis of mild juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA). The bone scan is to tell us if any joints are "hot" and we'll have a better idea of how to treat it if any action needs to be taken. The doctor told us that being so mild, he's hoping it will resolve on it's own, so that's obviously what we're praying. I just don't want her to hurt and hate to watch her struggle in any way. I know the Lord knows exactly what He's doing in her life and I have to daily surrender her to Him. She is such a sweet and sensitive child, and I trust that the Lord will use this to one day draw her to Himself .

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh annie I will be praying for this to be mild. It is the hardest thing to have to watch your child bear any burden. if only we could bear it for them.