Friday, February 26, 2010

Believing

The dynamic duo! This is how I found Davis and Jude the other day! They were laying on the floor head to head watch Dora:) When I picked Jude up that morning from his house he was in a little brown sweat suit and Davis had a brown sweat suit on as well! See? Dynamic duo...right down to the outfit!

Well, Annalee went back to school today! Yay! She is still fever free and feels much better! Paige is still home today. She still felt a little warm this morning but felt tons better. Davis is still symptom free and we pray he will continue to stay that way! My mom, however, has been fighting a cold, so you could add her and my dad's health to the list as they take care of my little munchkins this weekend:)

The Lord has heard our cry, and He has answered our prayers! I'm always so skeptical to give God credit in situations like this. I try to talk through it and am afraid to say He did, just in case something goes awry and someone else gets sick. I hate that about myself! I want to give God ALL the glory He's due! I asked Him to stop a stomach bug in its tracks if that is what Paige had. And instead of praising God right off and saying that He did that, I try and explain it away by saying she probably just had a fever virus and when I gave her those meds it gagged her and she vomited! Shame on me! He heard the prayers of His people and ansered them! Annalee is better! Paige is better! They both had it before we left for the weekend! I still ask for prayers for Davis, but I need to really BELIEVE when I ask! I say I do, but my heart obviously still struggles with unbelief or I would never even think of explaining something that the Lord had done away with coincidence!

My struggle at this point lies with Davis. I can see the whole scenario play out in my head. Davis spikes a temp in the middle of the night and it scares my parents which leads to a phone call in the middle of the night which leads to a worried me who feels like I need to come home! Not to say my parents can't take care of a baby with a fever! They are more than capable, as they raised three healthy girls of their own! I do say, however, that they get more worked up over illnesses in their grandchildren, than they ever dreamed of with us! Am I right mom?;) I think I just had this trip all dreamy in my head. That this would be a nice sort of vacation for Scott, which he deserves, and would be this stress free time where I could be focused and run this race and finish and rest! So, please Lord! Help my unbelief! Pray with me still, the things I've mentioned and anyting else you feel led! Thank you guys! And praise the Lord that He IS the ultimate healer and has answered our prayers!

No comments: