Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Prayer needed!

Annalee has been sick the past few days with fever and no other symptoms. She hasn't complained of anything but a headache, especially when she spiked a temp. So, I let it go for all of Monday and Tuesday and just tried to wait it out. Well, last night she woke up with a high fever, so I gave her some meds, cooled her off and we made a dr. appointment this morning. She had also said some things that made me think she might have a UTI, so we wanted to be seen early. We went and the results were that she did not have a UTI, but after holding her down while the dr. cleaned out wax build-up out of her ears (not fun btw) so she could actually see, she saw that her left ear was in fact infected and sent us on our merry way with antibiotic in hand!
I got home, fed the kids, and put them down for a nap. An hour later, I got a phone call from Paige's school that she had a temp and was complaining of a headache! I went and picked her up from school. We got home, and I got her all cozied up on the couch. I drew up some medicine to give her for her temp and started giving it to her, and lo and behold...she threw up! Ugh!
Please keep in mind, that we are supposed to be leaving to go out of town this weekend for my marathon in New Orleans! My parents are keeping my children and Scott and I , and Matt and Morgan, are headed to NOLA Saturday through Monday for the marathon festivities. If you could please pray for us over the next several days, we could certainly use it! I'm trying to fight being anxious about this. My mind hs already tried to go to a hundred different places, and I am also that person where when somebody throws up, 2 seconds later, I feel nauseated! Plaease pray with us:

1) No one else would get the vomiting part of this! Pray that God would stop it in it's tracks and it wouldn't spread!
2) That my parents and children would be and stay well throughout the time we are scheduled to be gone.
3) That I would trust the Lord as He can obviously see the bigger picture right now.
4) That He would allow Morgan and I to run this marathon together this weekend in full health, and trust in Him who gives us each and every step!
5) That He would keep Scott healthy and he can avoid being sick and actually enjoy this time off! (It's a rare occasion you know!)

Thanks! I'll keep you updated:)

4 comments:

Amy said...

i will pray!!!

The Reeds said...

Hannah and I are praying NOW!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Will pray Annie

The Spiveys said...

I feel nauseated just thinking about this...