Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Paige's Teacher

Yesterday I got a not from Paige's kindergarten teacher. We love her and she is in need of prayer. This is what the note said:

Dear Parents,

I was away from school two and a half days last week. I was getting the biggest shock of my life. My husband was diagnosed with Acute AML Leukemia. He was sent immediately to Mobile Infirmary on Wednesday, and will remain there for 30 days. They began his chemotherapy Friday evening. It will continue for seven days, 24 hours a day. At this point, he feels and looks really good. He has a wonderful, positive attitude. He has excellent doctors and nurses. He has many, many friends who have showered him with love and caring. And he has prayers coming from all over the place. However, you can never have enough prayers and thoughts, so I would appreciate it if you would remember him and put him on your church's prayer list. I don't know what the future will bring. I hope to be here in my classroom each day. If, however, something arises that I'm not prepared for, I'm going to be with him. Thank you all for your support.


I'm posting this, asking you to please pray for this family. She is actually scheduled to retire this year. She is in her 60's, I believe, and has only been married about 7 or 8 years I think. I'm not sure if she had a previous husband that passed away or if she married later in life. I do know she has been a precious teacher and has loved my Paige. It does my heart good to see a teacher in a public school send this note home to the children in her classroom! God is not absent from the schools, because He resides in the hearts of His people and He WILL make Himself know through them! Again, please be in prayer for them as they walk this road. I'll give updates whenever we receive them.