Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Paigey Poo!

At this time 6 years ago, I laid in a hospital bed completely exhausted. I had been awake for the last 72 hours and can't remember ever being so tired. However, as tired as I was, the reward was FAR greater! I held a 7lb 15 oz beautiful, healthy baby girl in my arms! She was breathtaking! She was the sweetest gift the Lord had ever given Scott and I up to that point! I was completely awestruck. I was smiling, and laughing, and crying, and basically just in a sweet stupor that one experiences after the birth of a precious baby:) I remember it like it was yesterday. I think I am gonna always feel like that. Even though the years obviously fly by so quickly, I can go back to that moment in an instant. If I close my eyes, I can still remember that yummy newborn smell:) She had the chubbiest little cheeks and some sad little forcep marks, which I will not comment on, because that, my friends, was not the good part of the memory;0) God made me a mommy that day. As overwhelming as it can be at times, it's a privelege that I am wholeheartedly thankful for. I had a baby girl. She was mine! And yet I was also completely aware that she will always be His first. And today, she is 6! I kinda never pictured myself old enough to have a 6 year old, but lo and behold, here I am! She is still just as wonderfully and beautifully made! So, today, we celebrate our Paige Kennedy Parks and all her 6 years! Happy birthday Paigey Poo!

1 comment:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Paige! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Are you sure you're really 6 years old? I'm not sure that's possible!