Monday, January 4, 2010

Coupon Lady!

I'm trying to learn to be a coupon mom. Right now I would be categorized as basically just a Walmart mom, I guess! I am a savvy shopper. I am very frugal. So, Walmart tends to work out well for me. I buy alot of the Great Value brand, and most of the time that's the cheapest even with coupons included for name brand things. Mainly, it's the fact that I have 3 kids and have to take one or more of them with me when I grocery shop, and I want it to be one stop shopping and as fast as possible! I am understanding the concept more and more about using coupons when name brand things are on sale and at their lowest. I believe that it does save money, but it is just so much work behind the scenes to get to that point! Go ahead...call me lazy! It just requires more brain power than I'm willing to give I guess:) I like a good challenge, and I LOVE saving money, but I just wish that I didn't have to really think. Plus, it requires extra time to print and clip more and more coupons! So, what I need is some good encouragement, and a swift kick in the pants so I can really get moving on this! Ok?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm hoping to put all that I learned into action when I get home and settled back into life. I'll try to pass on any tips I learn as long you promise the same. :)

Michael and Kim said...

I spend at least 5 hours a week on couponing. I have been doing this for a few months now and am amazed at the money I have already saved. However, I save more at Publix than I ever did at Walmart. Check out www.southernsavers.com & www.iheartpublix.com & www.iheartsavingmoney.com. I visit these websited probably once a day. I'm an addict!!! :) This has become my part-time job. It affords me the luxury of staying home with Addison. Good luck!

CMMSA said...

I'll encourage you! I spent $57 on $118 of groceries the other day, last week got 8 boxes of cereal for $5, etc. etc.