Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Some days...

This picture makes me laugh! Paige was super duper tired that afternoon, and her eyes reflect it. Annalee was obviously pouting over something. The benefits of having a small camera that fits in your purse and you can take everywhere, resulted in the capturing of this moment;)

Life lately has been kinda busy. We are starting everything back up. That includes the weekly womens time that I lead, and mens time for Scott. Community group every Sunday, tutoring on Wednesday, working at the hospital on Thursday, women's bible study Thursday mornings, gymnastics on Monday evenings...and the list goes on. They are all "good" things, but life sure creeps up on me very quickly and I can get overwhelmed in no time flat! I usually have everything pretty well thought out and scheduled, down to making lunches for the girls for the next day and laying out pj's and clothes for the next day, the afternoon before. I plan out all our meals so I don't have a hundred grocery trips to make. I work out daily to help me feel well and reduce stress. I am spending time with the Lord (although I could ALWAYS use a little more of that in my life!). But some days are just harder than others. Some days my kids are harder to parent. Some days Scott and I don't communicate very well. Some days outside circumstances throw a wrench in my "plans". Some days my sin just gets in the way of everything I'm doing.

I try not to complain, because I have MUCH to be thankful for. I also have to really watch what comes out of my mouth, and evaluate my heart often. Because, here I am telling my kids not to complain and to practice having a thankful heart today, and just like that I can be doing the very thing that I am asking them not to do! And not just because I don't want to hear them whine, but because God's word says to do everything without complaining or arguing! And that includes mommy:)

The good news is, we are about to go through the book Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges in our womens time. The bad news is...God's about to show me more sin! Well, really that's good news too, it's just not easy;)

No comments: