Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Love Him!

We had date night at home last night. Scott wanted to plan it all so I just "showed up"! He sent me on a few errands and when I had gotten home he had made dinner! He got some stuffed chicken breasts from Fresh Market (which I LOVE), and we had baked potatoes and salad. For dessert he had fresh strawberries and melted yummy chocolate for me to dip them in...mmmmmm! We talked and talked and it was so good for our hearts. We so often go through our day to day activities, and are so tired by the end of the day, that we just don't communicate. Last night we just had TIME, and that my friends is hard to come by! He let the girls help set up for our date and even let them have some strawberries and chocolate;) They thought it was the best! He wanted them to see that he has to take timeout sometimes to take care of mommy too. He does a really good job with that, but usually it's after the kids are in bed. Last night he just let them stay up a little later so they could see this time. He is a good man. The best I know. He is wonderful to me and loves me better than I deserve. I know, however, that the reason he can love me so well, is because of his love for the Lord. He is eager to serve, loves with a wide open heart, and is quick to confess sin and repent. Long story short...I Love Him!

2 comments:

Regan said...

So sweet, Annie! I love how much you love Scott. I also love that you are blogging daily. I am enjoying reading your posts and hearing about your life!

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

Strong work Scotty!