Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Date Night

I love date night! We don't have date night nearly as often as we should, but when we do, it's always so refreshing! We actually have alot of home date nights, as we call them;), because we do not have the funds to go out on a date plus pay a babysitter most of the time. I am a part of a babysitting co-op but since I have 3 kids, it takes more points for me to have someone keep them, so I have to be very strategic when I want to use it. Which brings me to the reason I'm posting. I'm interested in others' thoughts and ideas for some fun creative things to add to our home date night collection. Obviously, there's the cook something special and fun for dinner and rent a movie routine, but I know there are more creative people than me out there, so I'm asking for your ideas/suggestions! Let's see what we can come up with:)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am excited to hear some of these too. John and I want to be more strategic about having a date night but don't want to spend the money to go out. So I am there with you.
One thing that we have talked about doing is reading a book together and talking about it over dinner. It makes me feel more like a "team" when we have discussions about ideas. The book could be anything - purposeful or fun. But we said if we do it we would maybe do every other week so we don't have to cram in a chapter a week. I will check back for other ideas.
We also have thought about cooking something new together - cooking classish. (But we love to cook and try new things)
so my juices are flowing...i will get back to you

Jennifer said...

We've learned that doing puzzles offer more conversation than a movie. There are some fun puzzles too...like CSI puzzles where you have to solve the crime as you put it together.

And we also did a date one time that was all questions...we each came up with a list of questions for the other person and gave it to them in advance (some were serious, others were silly). Then we talked about them. There are conversation starter books out there that could help with questions.

And then there is always the classic game night...we play Sorry, Scrabble, Mancala, or cards.

I'll definitely be checking back for more ideas.

Amy said...

this is not for a date night but I saw this on a post this morning and though it was a great idea. I need to decide if the benefits will outweigh the cost. Is having a shower that looks like this worth the benefits of finding fun love notes? I need to think about it but thought I would share this.
http://www.howdoesshe.com/2010/01/shower-love-notes/
Oh and Jen those are GREAT ideas.
JK has got us hooked on a game called Settlers of Catan. So game night is fun for us and I love the other ideas to.

Parks Avenue said...

Amy! I love love love that idea! Also, since I'm a little on the OCD side, I'd probably erase daily and leave a new note;) I'm ok with that! Thanks!