Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

Paige lost her sixth tooth a few days ago. That is unbelievable! They came in two by two and she has steadily lost them two by two. It's kinda funny! Well, we don't do the tooth fairy, or at least not how most think. Because we don't do santa, it would be a little ridiculous to do the tooth fairy. So, I still let her put her tooth under her pillow, and I sneak in and leave money under her pillow, However, when she asks if the tooth fairy came, I tell her she ablsolutely did, and her tooth fairy's name is mommy:) She's totally fine with it and just as excited. Well, I had my first tooth fairy slip-up! I'm slacking on the job! I FORGOT about it! It was the night the girls had fever and I was tired and totally forgot! The next morning Annalee said "Mommy, Paige's tooth is still here!" Shoot! The girls were in the living room watching a movie so I snuck back there and put a dollar under her pillow and told her to go look. She said "Momma, I didn't get any money for my tooth this time." (Knife in the heart) I told her to go look again and when she did she found a bag with 4 quarters where a tooth once was. She was excited, but then said, "I didn't get a dollar this time!" I explain that 4 quarters equal a dollar and eventually she gets it. So, not only did I forget and have to back pedal to make it work, my child also realized ho bo-bo I was that I didn't have a paper dollar so I used coins! She's gotta learn someday I gues:) One day she'll really appreciate that all those coins are REAL money too! I know I do:)

No comments: