Friday, January 22, 2010

Precious Paige

This is Paige and I on a "girls day". Annalee was there too:), just not in this pic! We all shared a yummy milkshake and talked about girl stuff!


As Paige grows more and more, we continue to see evidence of the Lord in her life. He gave her a tender heart, that I pray characterizes her for life. She is a precious soul, and even as I type, I get teary thinking about what a wonderful blessing she is to us. She has a sacrificial heart as well, and that is not what our innate human heart does. Hence the reason we know the Lord is steadily revealing Himself to her. Sometimes it's just little things like, she sees someone by themself that she may not even know, but senses that they are lonely. She sacrifices her comfort zone with her friends and reaches out to the lonely. Maybe some of it is being the firstborn and having 2 younger siblings to have to share everything with. But she is certainly a gift. She is genuine and loves with her heart wide open. One day she'll be hurt because of that, and most likely more than once. But, I pray that as she continues on her journey to know her God, that He will show her that He created her to be that way and she doesn't have to be afraid to let others see her heart. Because hopefully, when they see her heart, they will see Christ.
This week she got in the van after school and was talking a hundred miles an hour. The conversation went as follows:

P: Mommy, do you think I could bring like a dollar or a quarter, or whatever we have to school tomorrow?
Me: Why?
P: Because, momma, there are people in Texas who need our help! Their houses are broken, and they don't have any food and their clothes are all gone!
Me: Texas? You mean Haiti?
P: No, Texas!
Me: I think you mean Haiti.
P: Oh, ok. Haiti. Well, can I bring some money PLEASE!
Me: I think we can do that!
P: Oh momma, I have my tooth money I can give!
Me: You don't have to give what's in your bank. Mommy can help you.
P: No! I want to give them my money!

Really? How in the world did she get so big? We talked a little bit about that God is still ultimately in control and we are thankful that He stirs our hearts to give and help others in their time of need. And one day, we might be the needy ones! And we will trust our God just as much as we are trusting Him to heal a broken country right now. I am grateful that the Lord uses my little ones to show me my sin and show me more of Himself through the process.